Problem bridge to close again for four nights next week
- Credit: Archant
A problem bridge in a coastal town will be closed again for four nights next week for maintenance work.
Haven Bridge, in Great Yarmouth, will be closed eastbound from Monday, November 16 to Thursday, November 19, from 8pm to 6am each night.
The work will repair loose areas of blockwork on the bridge deck surface, and follows test lifts of the 90-year-old bridge earlier this week.
Westbound traffic will be reduced to a single lane, but pedestrian access over the bridge will be unaffected.
The diversion route for traffic will be via A1243 Pasteur Road, A12 (via Breydon Bridge), A149 Acle New Road and B1141 North Quay.
Norfolk County Council said it wanted to thank people for their patience while the work is carried out.
You may also want to watch:
The bridge has been unable to lift for some time, blocking access for larger vessels due to an electrical fault.
- 1 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 2 Historic seaside pub reveals £60,000 B&B rooms
- 3 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 4 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 5 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 6 Partner pays tribute to 'love of my life' after Thorpe stabbing
- 7 'Disappointment' for town centre with McDonald's branch closure
- 8 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 9 Third time lucky? Couple's plea after dream wedding day cancelled again
- 10 Slight increase in Norfolk coronavirus rates after restrictions eased