Problem bridge to close again for four nights next week
- Credit: Archant
A problem bridge in a coastal town will be closed again for four nights next week for maintenance work.
Haven Bridge, in Great Yarmouth, will be closed eastbound from Monday, November 16 to Thursday, November 19, from 8pm to 6am each night.
The work will repair loose areas of blockwork on the bridge deck surface, and follows test lifts of the 90-year-old bridge earlier this week.
Westbound traffic will be reduced to a single lane, but pedestrian access over the bridge will be unaffected.
The diversion route for traffic will be via A1243 Pasteur Road, A12 (via Breydon Bridge), A149 Acle New Road and B1141 North Quay.
Norfolk County Council said it wanted to thank people for their patience while the work is carried out.
You may also want to watch:
The bridge has been unable to lift for some time, blocking access for larger vessels due to an electrical fault.
- 1 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 2 Family of missing man informed after body found in water
- 3 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 4 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 5 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 6 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 7 New mass vaccination centre opening in Norfolk
- 8 Cardiac arrest call sparks rescue operation near beauty spot
- 9 Police fine 39 second-homers and day-trippers in resort crackdown
- 10 Households with children to get two Covid tests per person every week