Four green Volvos join taxi company’s fleet
Volvo dealership M.R. King & Sons has supplied Albies Taxis with four new V50 DRIVe models to join its ever-growing fleet of vehicles.
Albies Taxis now has 175 vehicles including 11 Volvo V50 DRIVes and a number of S80 Executives. The V50s can achieve 850 miles on one tank of diesel, returning 74.3mpg and putting out 99g/km of carbon dioxide.
Neil Kitchen, of Albies Taxis, said: 'We chose Volvo as not only does it give us the safe and secure ride we need for our customers but also it minimises the impact on the environment, with the low CO2 benefits and fuel economy, and will enhance our fleet.'
It has various contracts with Norfolk and Suffolk county councils and long-standing relationships with offshore companies in the area. Albies Taxis is also finalists in the 2012 Enterprise awards.
Adam Noble, of M.R. King & Sons in Quay Street, Halesworth, said: 'More and more companies are realising that the current Volvo range can bring huge benefits to their companies and an investment today secures long-term advantages for all concerned.'
You may also want to watch:
Volvo has 12 model lines.
Albies Taxis can be contacted on 01493 331111 or visit the website at www.albies-taxis.co.uk
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 3 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 4 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 5 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 6 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 10 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
M.R. King & Sons is based in Quay Street, Halesworth, for Volvo and can be contacted on 01986 874464, email firstname.lastname@example.org or log on to www.mrking.co.uk