Flower power Alfa Norwich-bound
An exclusive work of art inspired by Alfa Romeo has been unveiled to celebrate the launch of the new eco-friendly Alfa MiTo 1.3 JTDM-2 85bhp Sprint in a partnership between the Italian marque and Castle Galleries.
The artwork has also been wrapped on to the new low-emissions MiTo and is coming to Castle Galleries in Chapelfield, Norwich, from Thursday, August 4 to Sunday, August 7.
Renowned artist Louise Dear was the perfect partner for the bespoke piece due to her typically young and exciting style, which combine classic beauty with unique design – characteristics shared with Alfa Romeo's sporty compact MiTo.
Using a complex method of layered paint on to aluminium, she modelled the flamboyant art, entitled Because I Can, on her 17-year-old daughter and introduced unmistakable influences from the MiTo.
The inspiration behind the art derives from Alfa Romeo's new congestion charge-free MiTo, which has only 95g/km of CO2 emissions, and is interpreted in the subject through a vibrant floral backdrop and mix of bold colours. The painting also incorporates elements of the iconic Alfa Romeo logo, and legendary Cloverleaf symbol which is synonymous with the brand.
You may also want to watch:
Louise said: 'I really wanted to capture Alfa Romeo's heritage and elegance within my creation, while bringing out the stylish and fashionable aspects of the Alfa MiTo.
'The Alfa MiTo is targeted at a young, stylish audience who have a positive attitude towards life, and are focused on being successful, and within my painting I have tried to bring this across using a combination of designs that convey powerful imagery mixed with elegance and beauty.'
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 4 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
- 7 Hamleys toy shop opens in Norwich shopping centre
- 8 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 9 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 10 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
Naz Jamil, brand communications manager for Alfa Romeo UK, said: 'The floral-based design and vibrant colour selection conveys the car's fun and even greener credentials.'