Coastal bus services operating reduced timetables
- Credit: Archant Â© 2011
Bus services in Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft will switch to temporary timetables with reduced services in light of the strict government guidelines on social distancing.
First Eastern Counties Buses will operate an “enhanced Sunday timetable” on all bus services on the coast from Wednesday (March 25).
The revised timetable will run on Mondays to Saturday with “additional journeys added” in the early morning and later evening until further notice.
All Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft town services, including X1 and X11 and X2, X21 and X22 services between the coast and Norwich and 1, 1A and 99 Coastal Clipper services along the coast are included.
Passengers will be able to find further details and copies of timetables on the First Eastern Counties website: www.firstgroup.com/easterncounties.
Steve Wickers, managing director, said: “The government has increased its measures and advised against any non-essential travel and contact as it works towards reducing the rising number of coronavirus cases being identified.
You may also want to watch:
“The number of people travelling on our services over the last few days has inevitably reduced significantly to the point where some of our buses are not carrying a single person, making this an unprecedented situation that we need to react to,” he added.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 7 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 8 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 9 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named