‘Fire up the Quattro!’ – Gene Hunt’s Audi for sale
- Credit: supplied
It was the only thing that could rival tough-talking Det Chief Insp Gene Hunt for on-screen presence – and now the famous red Audi Quattro is up for sale.
The hit BBC TV show Ashes to Ashes saw Philip Glennister reprise his role as Hunt opposite Keeley Hawes as Det Insp Alex Drake, but for many it was the iconic 1981 Audi Quattro that stole the show.
This example was bought by a prop supply company for the second and third series of Ashes to Ashes, and featured in all 16 episodes before meeting a spectacular end by being riddled with bullet holes.
Since then this particular car has been kept in storage and still shows the scars of its hard working life, including the mock bullet holes, missing interior parts and repaired exterior pieces – it even performed a jump for the cameras in the final series.
Now the Audi is up for sale, and although it has travelled a little more than 100 miles in five years it has also not been on road since then.
You may also want to watch:
The lucky buyer could return it to the road with some care and attention or keep it as a museum piece.
Standard examples of the Audi Quattro can easily fetch up to £20,000, so this particular example could be worth more thanks to its unique history.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 6 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 7 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 GP warns surgery 'is at breaking point' due to village expansion