Fire still burning near Norwich
Straw fire still burning near Norwich
A fire in Horsford is being left to burn itself out.
Drayton Lane between Holt Road and Reepham Road has been closed since 500 tonnes of straw caught fire in a nearby field just before 2am, and police said it would remain closed until tomorrow morning.
Fire crews from Norwich, Sprowston and Earlham and the water carrier from Hethersett were sent to tackle the blaze and diversions are in place.
A spokesman said it was too early to say what caused the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 10 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich