Fire causes rail delays in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant © 2012
Passengers are facing lengthy rail delays tonight as a result of a fire near the railway line at Hoveton.
Services between Norwich and Sheringham have been cancelled as a result of a signalling fault.
Officials from Greater Anglia said a fire at Hoveton had caused a problem for rail services.
Firefighters from Wroxham, Sprowston, Stalham and Earlham stations and a water carrier from Hethersett and Fakenham were called to a building fire in Horning Road West at about 2.30pm, which is near the rail line.
The 5.45pm Greater Anglia service between Norwich and Sheringham was cancelled and the 5.49pm and 6.55pm services from Sheringham to Norwich have also been cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
A message on the Greater Anglia website said: 'Customers are advised that train services between Norwich and North Walsham are suspended whilst Network Rail investigate the cause of the fault.'
A bus replacement service will operate between Norwich and North Walsham until further notice. We apologise for any inconvenience caused to your journey.'
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks