Evening Update: Latest on fuel panic-buying
Fears of a potential tanker driver strike has fuelled a chaotic afternoon of panic-buying at filling stations across East Anglia. Here are the latest updates from our army of Twitter followers:
@Adam_Cann looks as though The Firs garage on Cromer road has had a delivery.
@norfolkgirlnot5 still queueing for petrol at Murco, Roughton!!
@traxxy11 petrol and diesel in stock without queues on south quay
@toastymclane great yarmouth caister rd price signs not showing, no cars entering thus no fuel
You may also want to watch:
@robertashton1 & no diesel at Attleborough or on the A11. Had to go to Thetford to fill up. Mind you, hoarders will save money +pricerise
@Steveo_c1 shell garage out of diesel and petrol. Morrisons still open although still late queues at 19.30. The countries gone mad!
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 4 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 7 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 8 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 9 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
@netdunning #Halesworth no Diesel in Jet or CoOp. We are a dry town for Diesel, hence no queues!
@GordonMaw Not a lot of panic at the Dereham Road petrol station tonight. But not a lot of diesel either! #idiots
@theresecoffey no queues in Halesworth
@cawseetiger Shell garage A11 east bound no.fuel
@freshjohn ormesby acle repps stalham . No queues plenty of petrol available .. keep on driving
@Bellajahella still queuing at Thickthorn Services back to the park and ride roundabout. BP on A11 North near Thetford was quiet.
@richardwoodEDP - People driving to Beccles to buy petrol as they can't get it in Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth! Argh!!!!
And this was from our Facebook page:
Richard Waugh: I was carrying on as normal went to full up tonight got turned away. Won't be able to get to work tomorrow unless I can get a few �s worth in the morning. Fed up with muppets panic buying!