Busy Lowestoft road to close for emergency repairs
- Credit: Google Images
A busy road in Lowestoft will be closed temporarily as emergency repairs are carried out.
Motorists are being warned to expect delays as the A47 Denmark Road in Lowestoft is to be closed "for pothole repairs" with traffic diverted.
Suffolk Highways will be carrying out the works with the road closed between 9.30am and noon on Wednesday, March 31.
With the road temporarily closed and traffic restrictions in place “delays are likely” while the work is carried out, according to the Suffolk Roadworks map.
It states that the work on the A47 Denmark Road in Lowestoft will be carried out "from Trafalgar Street until Katwijk Way."
You may also want to watch:
Travellers using First Eastern Counties Buses service are being warned of the emergency road closure.
A post on the First bus website said: "The three journeys affected on service 106 will operate via Katwijk Way, St Peters Street and Rotterdam Road in both directions.
- 1 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 4 Third time lucky for historic pub's reopening
- 5 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 6 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 7 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 8 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 9 Extinction Rebellion protesters arrested for smashing Barclays windows
- 10 Dog ban on popular north Norfolk beaches extended
"We apologise for any inconvenience caused."
Visit our live traffic map for the latest delays.