Electric vans power up Center Parcs eco drive
- Credit: supplied
Center Parcs again proved its green credentials when the short-break operator, which has a site at Elveden, near Thetford, took delivery of 22 new all-electric Renault Kangoo Maxi Van ZE (zero emission) models.
The new models were handed over at Sherwood Forest and will be used across Center Parcs' other UK villages including Elveden Forest, Longleat Forest and Whinfell Forest and its forthcoming fifth village, Woburn Forest, due to open in spring 2014.
The new electric vehicles form part of a fleet of 150 vehicles and will be used by the technical services and maintenance division and the takeaway delivery operation which transports food and beverages to guests.
The Kangoo Van ZEs were chosen after a rigorous selection process with Center Parcs keen to ensure its vehicle fleet is as green as possible, in keeping with its overall sustainability ethos. The Kangoo vans beat competition based on a range of factors including running costs, reliability, practicality, payload and purchase price.
Center Parcs operations and development director Paul Kent said: 'It is important for us to ensure that Center Parcs' commercial vehicle fleet is the most efficient and least-polluting option possible. The new Kangoo Van ZEs take this ethos to the next level, bringing non-polluting electric vehicles to each Center Parcs village.
You may also want to watch:
'We're delighted to be continuing our commitment to ensure Center Parcs reduces its impact on the environment.'
Andy Heiron, head of electric vehicle programme at Renault UK who handed over the keys to the vans at Center Parcs, said: 'It is wonderful to see the vans in use at such a fantastic location as Center Parcs. As well as being one of the best-known names in the leisure and tourism industry, Center Parcs also leads the way in ensuring that their day-to-day operations are environmentally friendly, making the Kangoo Van ZE a great choice for their fleet needs.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 7 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 8 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 9 Norfolk and Waveney's 30 under 30 - from world-beating athletes to business owners
- 10 Rescuers resume search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
'The Kangoo Van ZE and our electric range as a whole offer a winning combination of practicality and reliability, plus they are respectful of the environment with no tailpipe emissions. We are delighted that Center Parcs have chosen our ZE range for their fleet requirements and know that their staff will appreciate the vans' comfort and ergonomics.'