Eight vehicles involved in Acle Straight crash
- Credit: Anthony James
Eight vehicles were involved in a collision on Acle New Road this morning (October 12).
Firefighters cut drivers from their crashed vehicles which happened on the Great Yarmouth side of the Acle Straight.
Following the collision, police closed the road and advised people to avoid the area.
The initial call to Norfolk Fire and Rescue was made at 8.57am and crews from Great Yarmouth, Gorleston, Acle and Carrow stations rushed to the scene.
At least one ambulance was also called but no serious injuries were reported.
As a result of the incident, the First X1 and X11 buses were delayed and diverted to an alternative route.
Norfolk police confirmed: "We were called to attend by the fire service at 9.11am.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 7 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 8 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 9 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named
"Eight vehicles were involved in the collision."
The scene was made safe and the road has now reopened.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.