Easyjet flight makes unscheduled stop at Norwich Airport due to medical emergency
- Credit: Supplied
An Easyjet plane has been forced to land at Norwich International Airport due to a medical emergency.
The plane, travelling from Edinburgh to Milan, made the stop after a passenger became unwell.
It landed in Norwich at 11.52am and is due to leave again at 1pm.
An ambulance was called at 11.54am to treat the passenger.
The ambulance left the airport at 12.40pm and took the passenger to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Easyjet said: 'We can confirm that flight EZY2686 from Edinburgh to Milan diverted to Norwich Airport this morning due to a medical issue on board.
'The safety of our passengers and crew is always Easyjet's priority and the captain made the decision to divert to ensure further medical care could be sought.'
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 3 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 8 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 9 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 10 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk