Duff Morgan bids to be UK’s best dealer
Norfolk Citroen retailer Duff Morgan has been nominated for a motoring industry 'Oscar' as one of the top five dealerships in the UK.
A Norfolk car retailer hopes to win a motoring industry 'Oscar' having been whittled down to one of the top five dealerships in the UK.
Citroen dealer Duff Morgan has been shortlisted in the best dealership category of the 20th AM Awards run by leading industry magazine Automotive Management and being held at the International Convention Centre in Birmingham on Wednesday.
It's already been a real coup for Duff Morgan which is based in Whiffler Road, Norwich, and last year expanded by opening another dealership in Bergen Way, King's Lynn, having celebrated 100 years in business in 2009.
This year, for the first time, individual motor manufacturers nominated their own top dealerships and Citroen UK chose Duff Morgan out of its 211 UK retailers to represent the French marque.
You may also want to watch:
'That was pleasing and extremely good in the first place,' enthused Jeremy Trett, dealer principal and Duff Morgan director.
But that was just the start of the process with more than 100 dealerships nominated. The chosen dealerships then had to put together a presentation covering all aspects of their business including customer satisfaction, what made them stand out, success, plans for the future and training. Once through that stage selected dealerships underwent stringent checks by independent auditors looking at key ares of the business including planning, financial performance, people management and customer relations, before the final shortlist of five was chosen.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
Mr Trett said: 'It's very good. It's good news for the company, good news for Citroen and good news for Norwich and Norfolk. I am very proud of it. An enormous amount of effort has gone into it.'
He said that over the years Duff Morgan had won various awards with Citroen UK but not against all the other manufacturers or at a national level which made it a very exciting prospect.
While Mr Trett is delighted that Duff Morgan has already achieved a great deal of success just getting so far in the awards contest, such is the excitement that he admitted that he would be disappointed if the Citroen retailer did not win the best dealership award.