Disruption for passengers on Norwich to London line
- Credit: Archant
Rail passengers travelling between Norwich and London face disruption this morning.
An earlier points failure at Ilford has affected the movement of trains from Greater Anglia's carriage servicing depot and on two out of the four lines through Ilford.
All lines reopened just before 6.40am but the operator has warned that all train services running through this station may be cancelled, delayed or revised.
Disruption was expected until about 7.30am.
London Underground and Bus services are taking passengers via any reasonable route until further notice and arrangements have been made for Abellio Greater Anglia rail tickets to be accepted for these journeys.
You may also want to watch:
London Buses route 86 runs from Romford to Stratford,
Route 25 from Ilford to the City of London at Aldgate and Bank for Liverpool Street.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
Routes 174, 294 496 and 498 run between Gidea Park and Romford,
Routes 294,496 and 498 run from Harold Wood to Gidea Park and Romford,
Route 498 runs from Brentwood to Harold Wood, Gidea Park and Romford,
London Underground Central Line services run from Hainault and Newbury Park to Stratford and Liverpool Street,
The Greater Anglia website states that Network Rail technicians are at the location of the fault and are working as fast as possible to resolve the problems.
The company has apologised if travel plans are affected by this disruption.
For information about the operator's delay repay policy log onto www.abelliogreateranglia.co.uk/about-us/our-performance/delay-repay