Disruption as major Norwich road closes
Drivers are facing disruption after resurfacing work got underway on one of Norwich's major roads.
Essential resurfacing work to Earlham Road started this morning and that means the road is closed from the junction with Convent Road to the junction of Colman Road.
The work is due to last 10 working days.
Work is taking place between 7.30am and 7pm each day and no parking is available on Earlham Road between these times.
During the work, the road is closed to through traffic and diversion routes are in place, although people who live in the street and businesses can get access.
You may also want to watch:
But bus routes have been diverted.
May Gurney is carrying out the �110,000 resurfacing work on behalf of Norwich City Council. A spokeswoman for the council apologised for any inconvenience caused.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 10 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021