High Street to close on three different days for roadworks
- Credit: Ian Burt
Dereham High Street is set to close on three different days, starting later this month, for road resurfacing.
The roadworks will take place across three consecutive Sundays, subject to weather conditions, starting on February 24.
A full road closure will be in effect from between 07.30am and 7pm each Sunday and the works will stretch from the junction with Banyard Place northwards to the junction with the Market Place.
Fully signed official local diversion routes will be in place during the surfacing works and vehicle access to businesses and properties within the limits of the works will be maintained from one end of the closure at any time.
The work which will cost £70,000 will be carried out by Norfolk County Council's Community & Environmental Services Department and their contractors.
Funding for this scheme is from the extra £12.694m Norfolk County Council has received from the Government to spend on road maintenance in 2018/19.
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 5 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 6 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 7 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 8 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 9 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm