High Street to close on three different days for roadworks
- Credit: Ian Burt
Dereham High Street is set to close on three different days, starting later this month, for road resurfacing.
The roadworks will take place across three consecutive Sundays, subject to weather conditions, starting on February 24.
A full road closure will be in effect from between 07.30am and 7pm each Sunday and the works will stretch from the junction with Banyard Place northwards to the junction with the Market Place.
Fully signed official local diversion routes will be in place during the surfacing works and vehicle access to businesses and properties within the limits of the works will be maintained from one end of the closure at any time.
The work which will cost £70,000 will be carried out by Norfolk County Council's Community & Environmental Services Department and their contractors.
Funding for this scheme is from the extra £12.694m Norfolk County Council has received from the Government to spend on road maintenance in 2018/19.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 3 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 4 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 5 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 6 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 7 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 8 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 9 Bid for superbike warehouse bringing up to 30 new jobs
- 10 No queues at walk-in vaccine centre