Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- Credit: Norfolk Police
There were delays on the A47 this afternoon near the Pullover Roundabout on the edge of King's Lynn, after a lorry overturned.
The HGV was blocking the exit from the Clenchwarton Road and police urged drivers to avoid the area.
Police remain on the scene as of 5.15pm after being called at around 12pm this afternoon.
The driver was taken to hospital this afternoon with a suspected broken leg.
A recovery truck arrived on the scene, however, a digger and bigger truck were called for due to the lorry carrying heavy foodstuff.
You may also want to watch:
Following the crash, a full tank of diesel was spilled over the highway.
The traffic caused by the accident was extensive, with queues stretching to Hay Green, Tilney High End, and Terrington St Clement.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 6 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 7 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 8 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 9 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 10 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
The road has now reopened and traffic is moving normally.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.