Delays expected as huge yacht deck to be transported along A47
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are being warned to expect delays on some of the county’s major roads today as an abnormal load is transported through Norfolk.
A yacht deck, which is 5.6m wide and 27m in length, will be moved from BM Composites in North Walsham to Southampton.
The journey is scheduled to begin at 9.30am on Thursday (November, 12).
In Norfolk, it will first travel on the B1145, A149, B1152 and A1064.
The abnormal load will then continue on the A47, A11 and A14 until reaches the Cambridgeshire border.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Police have advised motorists to expect delays if travelling along any of these roads on Thursday.
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 3 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 4 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 5 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 6 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 7 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping
- 8 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 9 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary
- 10 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show