Dealerships on their bikes for charity
Staff at Thurlow Nunn Vauxhall are donning their cycle helmets and getting in gear for a 240-mile charity bike ride, starting on Friday, September 21.
The three-day expedition will start at Thurlow Nunn in Wisbech and will journey throughout Norfolk and Suffolk, stopping off at each of the 10 Thurlow Nunn Vauxhall dealerships at King's Lynn, Fakenham, Holt, Dereham, Diss, Beccles, Great Yarmouth and its two newest Vauxhall dealerships in Norwich. The team will finish the ride in Norwich on Sunday, September 23.
The cycle team members are pushing themselves to the limit for this dual fundraiser to support both Help for Heroes and East Anglia's Children's Hospices (Each).
Simon Bottomley, chairman and group managing director of Thurlow Nunn and driving force behind the event, said: 'We are all getting ready for our three-day cycle ride with some serious training and a great deal of encouragement from friends and colleagues.'
Joining Simon on the ride are Philip Addinall, Toby Gould, Robin Davey, David Emms and Gordon Mills.
You may also want to watch:
To support the Thurlow Nunn Vauxhall cycle team you can make a donation at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/ ThurlowNunnCharityCycleRide
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 3 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 6 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?