Dealership helps drive school’s fund-raising
- Credit: supplied
A dealership is driving fund-raising at a special school by supplying a van to transport charity donations.
Crayford and Abbs Nissan, near Holt, is lending its support to Sidestrand Hall School, near Cromer, which serves pupils aged seven to 19 with complex needs.
The dealership, in Gypsies Lane, Bodham, has supplied and sponsored a Nissan NV200 van to transfer stock between the school and its charity shop, Strands, in Cromer. Money raised at the store helps pupils, many of whom live in school during term time to develop their independence and social skills.
Shop co-ordinator Liz Locke said the van had enabled the charity to begin carrying out house clearances, bringing in even more vital funds.
Kevin Abbs, director at Crayford and Abbs, said: 'Our dealership prides itself in working with the North Norfolk community and hopes to continue our relationship with Sidestrand Hall School throughout 2016. The pupils are really motivated in loading up and unloading the van with stock and have a real sense of pride.'
You may also want to watch:
To help them transport even more charitable items, the van came with a tow bar fitted free of charge by Fakenham Auto Electrical.
For a test drive visit Crayford and Abbs in Gypsies Lane, Bodham, or telephone 01263 588160.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 5 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 6 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 7 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 8 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 9 Gypsy and travellers await planning appeal result
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146