Road reopens after eight hours following serious A47 crash
- Credit: Archant
The road has reopened after police closed a section of the A47 in both directions following a serious crash.
Cambridgeshire Police were called to the scene of a crash on the southbound carriageway of the A47 between Wisbech and Guyhirn at around 9pm on Wednesday, May 19.
The scene, was between the A141 near Guyhirn and the B198 near South Brink.
Fenland Police confirmed the road had reopened at around 5:30pm this morning.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service crews from March and Wisbech worked with police and ambulance crews.
You may also want to watch:
Fenland Police were asking road users to expect delays on the approach to the closures and allow extra time for their journeys following the incident.
- For live traffic updates visit the EDP traffic map
- 1 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 4 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 5 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 8 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 9 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life