Thickthorn now clear after crash caused A47 and A11 delays
- Credit: Denise Bradley
The drivers of two cars were involved in a crash at Thickthorn on Tuesday morning.
It happened shortly before 6.30am, at the junction where the A11 and the A47 meet.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Police said officers were called to the scene at 6.29am.
A white BMW and a white Hyundai were involved, with one driver crashing into the back of the other.
The police spokesperson was unable to confirm which way around it was.
You may also want to watch:
The two cars had been moved into a lay-by as of 6.41am, and recovery was been called to take them away.
Drivers faced at least 10 minute delays to their journeys as traffic built up.
The road is now clear, but the A47 remains busy due to lane closures and roadworks.
• For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
• Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest news on the county's roads.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault