Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
Part of the A143 is currently closed due a crash in the early hours of this morning.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to a road traffic collision in Belton, near Fritton, along the A143 Beccles Road at 1.46am on Saturday.
Crews from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston attended the scene, which was made safe and the passengers were released using hydraulic rescue equipment.
The road was first closed while investigation works took place and while this is now completed, it is still shut due to emergency resurfacing repairs and spillage.
The closure is on the A143 Beccles Road both ways from Church Lane to Beccles Road.
Norfolk Police tweeted that diversions are in place and people should avoid this route.
- 1 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 2 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 3 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 4 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 7 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 8 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 9 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 10 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field