Cooper MINI Norwich Hatches new showroom
- Credit: Andy Russell
Cooper MINI Norwich is opening its new 'MINI-mised' showroom and unveiling the all-new third-generation MINI Hatchback on Thursday.
Cooper MINI Norwich is holding a double celebration when it welcomes guests to its new 'MINI-mised' showroom and unveils the third-generation MINI Hatchback on Thursday.
The MINI retailer, in Forest Way, off Norwich Southern Bypass, has moved into the former Porsche showroom as part of a £2m redevelopment of the MINI and BMW sites.
The much larger two-storey premises means the showroom can display eight MINI models – twice as many as the original showroom which had opened in 2006 when the MINI range was made up of only the Hatchback and Convertible. It has since grown to include the Clubman, Countryman, Paceman. Coupe, Roadster and Clubvan commerical vehicle.
The new premises also have a dedicated MINI workshop, rather than sharing the BMW one, with four service ramps and wheel alignment and MOT bays.
You may also want to watch:
The new MINI Hatch officially goes on sale on Saturday, March 15 but the dealership is launching it on Thursday to tie in with officially opening its smart, new showroom.
There will be several versions of the new Hatch at the event along with sporty, racing MINIs and some customers' classic models.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
Doors open at 7pm for 7.30pm with the actual launch for up to 200 customers and guests – Party like its 1959 – starting at 7.59pm so recalling the spirit of the year the classic Mini was born and running until 8.14pm (2014).
The new showroom has a central hub as a focal point and funky dealing pods with the sales executives' desks upstairs.
Dealer principal Matt Hanford, who joined Cooper MINI Norwich in December, said: 'This is one of the best MINI dealerships in the Cooper group.
'It is one of the most quirky and funky dealerships in Norwich. You come in here and it is a different way of doing business. We stand out and we want to send out the message that is what MINI is all about.'
To find out more about the new MINI Hatch or an invititation to the showroom opening telephone Abbie Hammond on 01603 726556 or email firstname.lastname@example.org