City centre road closure causes commuter chaos
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Some Konectbus services have been disrupted after emergency water works closed a road in Norwich.
Edward Street near Anglia Square is currently shut for emergency water works after a water main burst.
Anglian Water workers were called to attend at 3.04pm to investigate the leak.
Konect is unable to serve the Anglia Square area, inbound to Norwich's city centre.
Services disrupted include the 501, 502, 50 and 50A buses as well as some other central Norwich routes.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson from Konectbus said: 'I came into Norwich on the bus this morning and there was lots of water everywhere.
'We're fortunate that the disruption has come in between Christmas and New Year, as the evening rush hour has now passed, meaning the roads are quieter.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 4 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
- 5 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 6 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 7 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 8 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Welcome to our new website
- 10 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
'The nearest stop to the city centre is Tombland, we apologise for any inconvenience caused.'
Buses into the city are being diverted over the Magdalen Street flyover.
Edward Street is due to open in the early hours of Saturday morning.