Change a Life and you could win a car
- Credit: supplied
Used car retailer CarShop is gearing up for the Change a Life 5km charity run on Sunday, June 16.
The run, starting at 9am from CarShop Norwich in Whiffler Road, and also finishes there.
In aid of the charity Dreamflight, CarShop has organised a free prize draw where those taking part in th run have the opportunity to win a car worth £7,000 – given by CarShop. In order to be automatically entered in to the draw, participants need to raise £50 (including £10 registration donation) within one month after the event has taken place.
CarShop will also be organising a host of activities for runners and spectators to enjoy on the day. They include a prize tombola, children's entertainer and balloon modeller, a bouncy castle, face-painting and a children's colouring competition.
Jason Watts, CarShop Norwich operations manager, said: 'We're thrilled with the support and positivity we have received from the local community so far, and I'm pleased to announce that we are on target to raise enough to send one child from our region on a Dreamflight.
You may also want to watch:
'As a group we have already raised over £16,000 but I'm confident the Norwich store, with the help of the local community, can shine and exceed all expectations. Achieving our target will be great, but exceeding it will be even better.
'It's about helping this great cause and helping change a life of a local child so get involved.'
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 9 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 10 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
Registration can be done through www.carshop.co.uk/dreamflight, and there will be limited spaces available for people to turn up on the day and run. Runners are being asked to arrive before 8.30am to get registered and join the motivational warm-up.