CarShop’s competition to design a ball proves winner
- Credit: supplied
As part of CarShop's Summer of Sport sponsorship of The Forum's big screen in Norwich, the used car retailer ran a competition for children to win a Norwich City Football Club Academy training session.
CarShop asked children aged four to 16 to design a football at its CarShop design stand and scored with an overwhelming response of impressive designs.
With only 40 spaces to fill and hundreds of entries, CarShop asked Norwich City Football Club to help with the judging..
John Ruskin, CarShop Norwich retail manager, said: 'We've had such a great reception at all of our Summer of Sport events, but the response to this one in particular has been pretty astounding, and we've had some fantastic entries.
'The guys from Norwich City have been very supportive of us, and we cannot thank them enough for giving us the opportunity to help local children get involved in sport – with the Academy no less.
You may also want to watch:
'We'd also like to recognise The Forum as they facilitated this whole competition, by allowing us to be part of their big screen showings, and run events within their grounds.'
The training day will take place on Tuesday, September 2.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 7 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 8 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 9 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 10 Norfolk and Waveney's 30 under 30 - from world-beating athletes to business owners
Bernie Whelan, NCFC sales manager, said: 'We were all pretty excited when CarShop became the first ever sponsors of our Academy Jackpot. Since coming on board we've jointly developed a number of initiatives, one of which was the design a ball competition.
'We were delighted to see that so many children are interested in football, and supporting the Academy. After all, some of these may be stars of the future!'