Traffic disruption warning over power cable work
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY/Archant2021
Major work to upgrade the electricity network in a coastal village will lead to up to 10 weeks of traffic disruption.
UK Power Networks is carrying out work in Caister from Wednesday, January 5 from the Tan Lane/High Street junction to the West Road/High St junction.
Temporary traffic lights will be set up during the work to lay new cables in the area.
UK Power Networks says the upgrade work is necessary to ensure safe and reliable power supplies in the area and will last up to 10 weeks.
The work will involve excavating and laying ducts, leading to the manned temporary traffic lights being installed along most of the area affected.
In a letter circulated by Caister Parish Council on its Facebook page, UK Power Networks says it is sorry for any inconvenience the works may cause and thanks people in the village for their patience while they are carried out.
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 7 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 8 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 9 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 10 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk