Brandon level crossing gets stuck again
- Credit: Archant
Traffic and trains were again held up after the level crossing failed at Brandon this morning.
The barrier became stuck down at 11.40am after a fuse in the control cabinet blew, according to Network Rail.
Engineers were on scene ten minutes later with the issue resolved by 12.10pm.
The fault was the latest in a string of hold-ups at the crossing since it was revamped at Christmas last year.
Motorists were delayed by the problem - including a number of bus services from Thetford - while three Norwich to Cambridge trains were delayed by 15 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Greater Anglia said it worked with Network Rail to fix the issue and apologised to customers for delays.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 4 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 5 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 6 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 7 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 8 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 9 Plans proposed for 'flexible' space in derelict area of popular park
- 10 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched