Brandon level crossing and A1065 to close in evenings next week for resurfacing
- Credit: Archant
A notoriously busy road on the Norfolk and Suffolk border will close in the evenings next week to be resurfaced.
According to Norfolk County Council, work will begin on Monday to carry out major carriageway resurfacing works on the A1065 Mundford Road, Weeting.
The site will extend from the railway crossing at Brandon north towards a point beyond the industrial estate.
The works will be carried out overnight under restricted working hours from 7pm to 7am and will take one week to complete.
During the resurfacing works it will be necessary to close the site to all through traffic.
You may also want to watch:
A fully signed diversion via A1065 Mundford, A134 Thetford, A11 Thetford Bypass and B1106 Brandon will be in place each night for the duration of the works.
The level crossing at Brandon will be closed to all vehicular traffic between 7pm and 7am.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 4 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 5 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Former care home sells at auction for £400,000
- 10 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
Access to businesses and properties within the limits of the works will be maintained from one end of the closure at any time but the county council said it is 'inevitable' that there will be some disruption.
It apologises for any inconvenience this may cause.
The work which will cost £105,000.