Book a bike at city’s new cycle station
Norwich has a bus staion, a railway station .... and now a cycle station too.
Thirty bikes are now available at the railway station which can be pre-booked for a day or overnight hire when buying a train ticket, offering a quick, healthy and eco-friendly way to get around Norwich.
MPs Simon Wright and Chloe Smith officially opened Greater Anglia's 'cycle station' yesterday.
'I think it's important for a city like Norwich,' said Mr Wright. 'There's a good number of people already using bikes, and it's a great way of tackling congestion and creating a cleaner environment.
'It also promotes healthy living.'
You may also want to watch:
The bikes, provided by Cycle UK, are aimed at making it easier for people to get around Norwich and the surrounding countryside.
Ms Smith said: 'Norwich is a really accessible city, and it should stay a beautiful place to cycle. It's nice to see an independent cycle shop like Cycle UK involved in the initiative.'
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 8 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays
- 9 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 10 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
Greater Anglia hopes to extend the scheme to other stations.
Each bike costs £10 a day, and can be booked at the station or online at www.greateranglia.oxatis.com