Bridge to be closed overnight with traffic diverted
- Credit: Google Images
A road will be closed temporarily with traffic diverted as work is carried out on a bridge.
Suffolk Highways will be carrying out overnight maintenance works on Bridge Street, Beccles between December 21 and December 23.
With the work being carried out to Beccles Bridge over two nights, it means that in order for the repairs and inspections to take place, Bridge Street will be closed temporarily from 8pm each evening until 6am the following morning.
According to the Suffolk Roadworks map, “delays are likely” while the work is carried out.
It states: "Bridge Street closed at Beccles Bridge for 10 metres eastbound and 10 metres westbound.
"Overnight closures to carry out maintenance works and principal inspection to Beccles Bridge."
It adds that with the carriageway to be closed, the footway will remain open to pedestrians.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 3 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 4 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 7 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 8 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 9 Man seriously injured after crash
- 10 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
An eastbound diversion route and westbound diversion route will be in operation