Delays expected as 37-ton boat to be transported along A47
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
Drivers are being warned to expect delays on some of the county’s major roads this week as an abnormal load is transported through Norfolk.
A boat weighing more than 37 tons will be moved from Lowestoft Marina to the Cambridgeshire border on Thursday, June 4.
The boat is 22 metres long and 4.8m wide, and is scheduled to begin its journey at 10am.
It will first move along local roads before joining the B1531 and then the A1117.
It will then travel on the A146, later joining the A143 before moving back onto the A146 heading towards Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
The abnormal load will then travel along the A47 until it reaches the Cambridgeshire border.
Norfolk Police have advised motorists to expect delays if travelling along any of these roads on Thursday.
- 1 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 2 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 3 What you can (and can't) do as Norfolk enters Tier 2 restrictions
- 4 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 5 'It feels like Christmas': Shoppers return to city as lockdown lifts
- 6 Early start for shoppers as Norfolk comes out of lockdown
- 7 North Norfolk care home put into special measures
- 8 'Our best ever year': The businesses booming as lockdown lifts
- 9 Police search after reports of camouflaged man 'with weapon' in woods
- 10 Norfolk driver to replace Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes for Sakhir GP