A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- Credit: Google
The A47 near Lowestoft will undergo roadworks starting Monday, September 20.
The works will last for two weeks to allow for Highways England to improve road markings and studs, as well as for routine maintenance to be carried out safely.
The works will be on weekdays only, and will mostly run overnight from 8pm to 6am.
Yarmouth Road will be closed between Jubilee Way and Rackhams Corner roundabout, and Corton Long Lane roundabout will also close during the works.
During the closure between Jubilee Way and Rackhams Corner, traffic will be diverted at Corton Long Lane roundabout via Millennium Way, Normanston Drive, and St Peters Street.
You may also want to watch:
During the closure of Corton Long Lane roundabout, traffic will be diverted at Rackhams Corner roundabout via the B1375 and Millennium Way.
These diversions will be signposted clearly.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 3 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 4 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 5 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 6 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 7 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 8 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 9 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 10 Eight men arrested after multiple stabbing in Norwich
During the closure, there will be no access to the A47 and all lay-bys will be closed.
The works are estimated to end by Monday, October 4.