A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- Credit: Archant
There were early morning delays on the A47 this morning as roadworks near Norwich continued.
Resurfacing works are being carried out on the Norwich Southern Bypass, and are set to go on for several months.
The £5m project has been causing regular traffic jams since it began on May 4, mostly between Postwick and the A140 Ipswich Road junction.
On Monday, many of the delays had moved to the other side of the A140, affecting traffic between Harford Bridge and Thickthorn as well as further east towards Trowse.
Lane closures are in place, and a 40mph speed limit is in force.
But, at 9am, many were queueing to get in and out of the city, with travel times delayed by 20 minutes or more.
You may also want to watch:
The road is now less busy, though traffic is expected to build up once again later this afternoon as with more people on the road at rush hour.
• For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault