Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- Credit: Submitted
Drivers on the A47 faced lengthy delays near Norwich this morning, with one lane closed for roadworks.
Roadworks began this week on the Norwich Southern Bypass between Postwick and Trowse.
A combination of the works and rush hour traffic contributed to delays of 10 minutes and more before 9am on Thursday, with traffic at a standstill in places.
Drivers were advised to give themselves extra time to complete their journeys, or avoid the area if possible.
Elsewhere in Norwich, traffic was queueing on the A11 Newmarket Road, mostly at the junction with the Norwich ring road.
You may also want to watch:
And traffic was also reportedly slow on Dereham Road in Costessey.
• For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 3 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 4 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 5 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 6 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 7 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 8 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 9 Administrators appointed at AF Biomass
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast