Stretch of A47 closes until October for repairs
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A portion of the A47 will be closed for over three weeks.
Between September 13 and October 5, both carriageways of the road will be closed between Acle and Blofield for five miles of carriageway resurfacing.
The roadworks will happen between 8pm and 6am, to reduce disruption.
The closure may extend beyond October, but this is yet to be confirmed.
Between September 15 and September 24, the road will be closed between Acle and the Vauxhall roundabout in Yarmouth for eight miles. Again, this will include both carriageways closing for repairs.
You may also want to watch:
These will take place between 9pm and 6am.
There is a diversion in place, though this takes drivers on a almost 50 mile route through Gilllingham.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 7 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 8 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 9 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 10 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
The roadworks will be on weekdays only.
Buses using the A47, including the Coastlink services, will be on diversions.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.