Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
A serious crash involving a lorry closed part of the A47.
Norfolk Police tweeted in the early hours of this morning that the A47 at Dereham was closed both ways between Fox Lane and the A1075 Tavern Lane due to a crash.
Drivers were being warned the closure could remain in place for some time and to avoid the area.
On the AA’s live traffic map, it reported that the crash involved a lorry. It was affecting traffic between King’s Lynn and Norwich.
Konnect Bus services were also been affected. The travel company Tweeted earlier: “Due to a serious collision closing the A47 between Dereham and Norwich in both directions all traffic is diverting through Dereham Town Centre, delays are likely this morning on these services. Apologies.”
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.
This is a breaking news story. Be sure the check back on the website for further updates as they come in.
Join our Norfolk Breaking News Facebook group to be the first to see breaking news stories in the county.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'