A47 reopens after crash on Acle Straight
- Credit: Denise Bradley
The Acle Straight has reopened after a crash blocked part of the road earlier this evening.
Drivers were diverted around Halvergate after the collision between A1064 Acle roundabout and Branch Road junction for Halvergate.
Just before 5.30pm on Thursday, April 22, Norfolk Police tweeted: "RTC A47 Acle Straight - Great Yarmouth bound carriageway is closed - diverting through Halvergate - please avoid the area."
At around 8pm the police tweeted the road had reopened.
One fire crew from Great Yarmouth was called to support the police just after 5pm.
A report on the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service log said the team had made the area safe after an road traffic collision on the Acle Straight and used granules to absorb fuel which had leaked onto the road.
The crew left the scene at 5.45pm.
- 1 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 2 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 5 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 6 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 7 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 10 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
It is not known if anyone was injured in the crash.
For traffic updates visit the EDP live traffic map.