Road reopens after A47 crash which saw motorhome fall into ditch
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
The A47 Acle Straight between Great Yarmouth and Acle has reopened following a crash this afternoon.
It reopened at 5.20pm following the collision which happened at about 12pm and involved a grey BMW and a motorhome, which landed in a ditch following the crash.
There were no injuries, however the driver of the motorhome was taken to hospital as a precaution.
The crash saw three people rescued from their vehicles and a "substantial oil spillage" according to National Highways.
Fire crews from Great Yarmouth, Gorleston, Acle and Carrow attended the crash and released three people from vehicles.
Following the collision, the Acle Straight was closed in both directions between the A1064 near Acle and the A149 at Great Yarmouth.
X1 and X11 First bus services were also diverted via Filby.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 6 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 10 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia