A11 Fiveways work completed ahead of schedule
- Credit: Archant
Work on a major roundabout on the A11 has been completed on schedule.
The Highways Agency says work on the Fiveways roundabout near Barton Mills was completed at around 7.45pm on Sunday night, well ahead of its deadline of 5am yesterday morning.
Planners had set aside the coming weekend for further work if the last three weekends had not provided sufficient time.
The works are taking place as part of the dualling of the A11.
A spokeswoman for the Highways Agency said minor works on the roundabout would continue over the coming weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Overnight, single lane closures will be used to complete the work.
Work on the stretch between Barton Mills and Thetford is due for completion by the end of 2014.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 4 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 10 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone