Motorcyclist remains in hospital with “serious injuries” following Christmas Day collision on A11
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A motorcyclist remains in hospital with serious injuries following a collision with a car on the A11 on Christmas Day.
The man, who was riding a blue Kawasaki, was initially thought to have suffered life-threatening injuries and was treated near the Fiveways roundabout yesterday.
However, a Suffolk Police spokesman has since described his injuries as 'serious', after he was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital, in Cambridge, for further treatment.
Emergency services were at the scene of a road traffic collision between a motorcycle and a car, which happened around 6.25pm yesterday evening (Tuesday, December 25).
Due to the serious accident and fuel spillage, police closed the A11 southbound between the A1065 in Barton Mills and the B1085 near Red Lodge.
You may also want to watch:
A silver Vauxhall Vetra was also involved in the collision.
The road was closed for around four hours whilst recovery work was taking place. It reopened at around 10.30pm.
- 1 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 4 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 5 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 6 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 7 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 8 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 9 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 10 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive