9.30pm update: Southbound A11 still blocked at Barton Mills after lorry overturns
- Credit: Archant
The southbound A11 is expected to be closed at Barton Mills until about 1.30am tomorrow after a lorry flipped on to its side this morning.
The accident happened at around 5am by the Fiveways roundabout, and fuel was spilled on the road.
The lorry's driver has been taken to West Suffolk Hospital with back and neck injuries and traffic is being diverted along the A1101.
Long queues formed up the A11.
The lorry was carrying frozen food and some diesel was spilt.
You may also want to watch:
The Environment Agency and Anglian Water were called but the diesel did not leak into any waterways.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage