5 safety features to look out for when shopping for your next car
- Credit: Subaru - Constitution Motors
How to make sure your new car can satisfy your need for adventure and keep you safe on and off the road.
1. A state-of-the-art Eyesight safety system to help you stay in control
The EyeSight software scans the road ahead for objects, vehicles and pedestrians. It alerts you to potential hazards, applies full brakes in emergencies, or reduces engine power to minimise the chance of collision.
Adaptive cruise control allows you to remain at a safe distance from the car in front. EyeSight lane-assist technology monitors your position on the road and warns you if you sway outside of the lane.
The EyeSight software ensures confidence, control and safety on the road, preparing you for any journey.
2. A compact, boxer engine to help protect passengers in an accident
Fitted with a compact, lightweight 2.5-litre petrol boxer engine, the Subaru Outback has a secret that could save your life in a severe impact accident. The boxer engine’s low height and position allow it to be directed under the floor of the passenger compartment upon frontal impact, protecting front-seat passengers and minimising injury.
- 1 People queue at Norwich Primark an hour before 7am reopening
- 2 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 5 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 6 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 7 Lanes closed after lorry hits A47 central reservation
- 8 Eight pints pulled in first three minutes as pub's 'happy hour' returns
- 9 Boss says sorry for fake worker's 'vile' comments about Prince Philip
- 10 Landmark seaside hotel serves 100 by midday as lockdown eases
Its horizontal layout and low centre of gravity improve the vehicle’s balance, handling and stability. The engine’s lightweight structure enhances the car’s environmental performance.
3. Symmetrical all-wheel-drive, perfect for on and off the road
Different to four-wheel drive, the all-wheel-drive system enables the engine to send power to every wheel simultaneously and for each wheel to function independently of the others. This allows for more responsive and precise steering, and increased traction, ideal for harsh weather, slippery roads and off-road terrain.
The Outback’s strong towing capacity permits you to safely haul loads of up to 2000kg. It’s ideal for caravan owners, farmers, vets and equestrian trainers that need to tow horse boxes and caravans or transport vital equipment.
4. Hill Descent control increases grip in difficult terrain
The Outback is as comfortable in muddy fields as it is on city streets. The hill descent control makes travelling through steep terrains easy. It automatically applies the required traction and grip to each wheel, and moderates your speed and brakes, to help you maintain a constant speed while allowing you to focus on steering.
The upgraded interior and infotainment system, compatible with DAB radio, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ will ensure maximum comfort for all on both long and short journeys.
5. Award-winning safety features
What better way to test the credibility of your new car than check out its credentials?
The Subaru Outback has a 5-star Euro NCAP safety rating and the 2021 Subaru Outback is an IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) top safety pick. Subaru was voted ‘Best Manufacturer for Safety Features’ in the 2019 and 2020 Driver Power Survey.
How can I book a test drive or find out more?
From April 12, 2021, you can visit our showroom to book a test drive. Our experienced advisors can answer any questions and help you find the best car for you.
As a local, family-run business we pride ourselves on offering a personal, friendly service you can rely on. Our priority is your satisfaction, safety and peace of mind. All our Subaru cars undergo a strict mechanical and visual check and come with a valid MOT certificate.
We're running a limited time offer on selected Outback models that are available with PCP for over three years and financing options to suit your budget. We’ll also accept your old vehicle as a part exchange.
Constitution Motors specialise in the sale of new and used Subaru cars, after-sales care, servicing and MOTs.
Visit constitutionmotors-subaru.co.uk for more information.
Call 01603 788800 or email email@example.com to chat with a member of the team.
Find them at Constitution Motors, 83 - 93 Mile Cross Lane, Norwich, Norfolk, NR6 6TX.