Traffic turmoil as accidents causes delays across Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Commuters are facing traffic turmoil after road accidents in three parts of Norfolk.
The A47 is closed in both directions near East Winch after a car collided with a telegraph pole during police pursuit. The incident, which happened shortly after 11.30am, is still causing long delays on the A47 and surrounding roads, and King's Lynn centre remains gridlocked because of it.
See how heavy the traffic is on your route using our LIVE TRAFFIC MAPA lorry has overturned on the A11 at the Barton Mills roundabout, spilling fuel across the southbound carriageway.
The roundabout is currently closed at the exit to the A1065 Brandon Road while a recovery effort is underway, With queues as far back as Elveden.
Police, fire and ambulance crews were sent to the scene, close to the Fiveways roundabout which connects the road with the A1101 for Mildenhall, at around 4.45pm today.
A police spokesman said the lorry driver suffered minor injuries and was checked over by paramedics at the scene.
Highways England engineers were dispatched to clean up the fuel.
You may also want to watch:
And an accident involving two vehicles has caused long tailbacks around the A47 at Colton. The road is blocked and traffic is queuing westbound from the near Blind Lane junction, near Easton.
Commuters had reported hold-ups of up to 30 minutes. There was heavy congestion up to the A1074 Dereham Road junction and to the Berry's Lane junction.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 10 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
UPDATE: Police reported the A47 accident had been cleared and traffic was flowing normally again at 8.46pm.