Traffic slows to snail’s pace ahead of Take That’s second Wonderland concert in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Traffic around Carrow Road in Norwich has slowed to a snail's pace as up to 30,000 Take That fans make their way to the stadium.
Koblenz Avenue, Canary Way and King Street are all slow going for motorists ahead of the show, the second Norwich performance as part of the band's Wonderland tour.
Band members Mark Owen, Gary Barlow and Howard Donald were due to take the stage shortly after 8pm tonight (Friday, June 16) after an hour-long stint by support group All Saints.
MORE: Take That Wonderland Tour 2017, Carrow Road, Norwich: All you need to knowPolice had to close Koblenz Avenue and King Street at times yesterday evening due to pedestrians on the road, and motorists have been urged to avoid the area tonight as more closures are expected.
Traffic calming measures will be in place around the stadium ahead of the concert and following the conclusion of the gig at around 10.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
For those driving to the concert there will be no public parking at the stadium but the County Hall car park will be open from 5pm along with other car parks in the city.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
MORE: Gary Barlow shares sunburnt snap of Take That bandmate Howard Donald ahead of Norwich Wonderland concert