Traffic slows to snail’s pace ahead of Take That’s second Wonderland concert in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Traffic around Carrow Road in Norwich has slowed to a snail's pace as up to 30,000 Take That fans make their way to the stadium.
Koblenz Avenue, Canary Way and King Street are all slow going for motorists ahead of the show, the second Norwich performance as part of the band's Wonderland tour.
Band members Mark Owen, Gary Barlow and Howard Donald were due to take the stage shortly after 8pm tonight (Friday, June 16) after an hour-long stint by support group All Saints.
MORE: Take That Wonderland Tour 2017, Carrow Road, Norwich: All you need to knowPolice had to close Koblenz Avenue and King Street at times yesterday evening due to pedestrians on the road, and motorists have been urged to avoid the area tonight as more closures are expected.
Traffic calming measures will be in place around the stadium ahead of the concert and following the conclusion of the gig at around 10.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
For those driving to the concert there will be no public parking at the stadium but the County Hall car park will be open from 5pm along with other car parks in the city.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 4 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 5 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 10 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
MORE: Gary Barlow shares sunburnt snap of Take That bandmate Howard Donald ahead of Norwich Wonderland concert