Road blocked after crash between car and motorbike near Beccles
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A serious collision has blocked the A146 this evening on the outskirts of Beccles.
Suffolk police said they were called to the accident, between the Morrisons and McDonalds roundabouts in Gillingham, shortly after 4.40pm.
The collision took place between a Grey Vauxhall Insignia and a Black Honda Motorcycle.
A Suffolk police spokesman said: "Ambulance personnel are at the scene and treating the rider of the motorcycle however injuries are not believed to be life threatening or changing at this time.
"The road is currently closed but will be reopened shortly."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnesses the incident is asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team quoting incident number 271 of June 30, 2019.
A spokesperson from the ambulance service, said: "An ambulance, ambulance officer vehicle and East Anglian Air Ambulance were called to a road traffic collision at Norwich Road (A146) at Beccles shortly before 5pm on Sunday (June 30).
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
"One patient was transported by air ambulance to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital," they said.