Traffic lights damaged at busy Norwich junction
Mary HamiltonTraffic lights on a busy Norwich junction have been damaged beyond repair after yesterday's storms.Mary Hamilton
Traffic lights on a busy Norwich junction have been damaged beyond repair after yesterday's storms.
The lights at the northern end of St Augustine's Street, at the junction with Aylsham Road, Waterloo Road and Magpie Road were due for replacement as part of ongoing work on St Augustine's Gyratory.
A Norfolk County Council spokesman said the damage was probably as a result of a lightning strike and power surge yesterday evening.
He added that the lights would not be repaired as they were old and in poor condition, and that temporary traffic lights will be installed until the layout is changed as part of the ongoing works.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 6 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 7 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 8 The top-rated McDonald's in Norfolk according to Tripadvisor
- 9 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 10 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk