Travelling to the Royal Norfolk Show? Here’s what you need to know
Are you travelling to the Royal Norfolk Show – or aren't and want to avoid the inevitable traffic jams? Here's what you need to know.
Organisers say there are plans in place to minimise the impacts of show traffic on the roads such as asking people to follow signs and car-sharing where possible, but some impacts are inevitable.
For those driving to the Norfolk Showground - just off the A47 at the A1074 Longwater interchange - the route will be signposted on all major roads in the area.
You may also want to watch:
The postcode for sat navs is NR5 0TT but motorists are asked to follow event signage as they approach the showground, which will direct them to the nearest car park.
There will be four car parks: green, blue and yellow, all accessible from the Longwater interchange, and red, accessible from Easton.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 7 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
Earlham Road and Dereham Road - the main routes to the showground from Norwich city centre - are likely to be much busier than usual as is the A47 Norwich southern bypass (eastbound and westbound towards the Longwater interchange).
Both First Group and Konect Bus operate services to the Norfolk Showground from Norwich city centre and across the county. Details are available on the operator websites: firstgroup.com/norfolk-suffolk/routes-and-maps/buses-royal-norfolk-show or konectbus.co.uk/events.
By train - or air
The nearest railway station is Norwich. Bus services will operate from the train station to the Norfolk Showground.
Norwich Airport is serviced by flights from across the country and is located around four miles from the showground. Flight information is available at norwichairport.co.uk.