Traditional ceremony to mark Commonwealth Day in Southwold
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2015
A traditional annual ceremony is to mark Commonwealth Day in Southwold.
The Fly a Flag for the Commonwealth nationwide initiative is now in its third year and once again Southwold Town Council will be joining in with the national celebrations.
From 10am on March 13, at Southwold Town Hall, town mayor Melanie Tucker will read the Commonwealth Affirmation and a message from the general secretary of the Commonwealth which will be followed by the raising of the Commonwealth flag above the town hall.
Also in attendance will be members of Southwold Town Council as well as pupils from Southwold Primary School, the Royal British Legion and other community groups.
For further details contact Southwold Town Council on telephone number 01502 722 576 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also want to watch:
Do you have a Southwold story? Call Southwold reporter Simon Ward on 01502 525 832 or email email@example.com
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old